Thursday, February 16, 2012

Forward Facing

And all the world is
A painted picture
Of silver and golden stars
Knowing that we are
Forward facing

It's funny.  I've had so many ideas for writing lingering in my head for a while now and in the blink of an eye they're gone.  I wonder how that happens.

The title of my blog is "A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss".  It's a line from the song "Busted Stuff" by DMB.  I picked it because I think it's a brilliant metaphor for life.  To sit and stagnate, to dwell, to be never move forward... in this you sit and collect moss, like a rock that sits in the same spot for an unknowing amount of time.  Moving forward though, through changes in tide, up hills, and over finish lines to rainbows ends, to greener pastures, or just a peaceful resolve helps a person to grow as an individual.  It's such a versatile concept.

Have you ever done something you wish you could take back?  Well, maybe not take back as much as rationalize with yourself why.  It's happened to me more than once.  And I did it again, it would seem.

" There will be time, there will be time
To prepare a face to meet the faces that you meet;
There will be time to murder and create,
And time for all the works and days of hands
That lift and drop a question on your plate;
Time for you and time for me,
And time yet for a hundred indecision's,
And for a hundred visions and revisions...

Do I dare
Disturb the universe?
In a minute there is time
For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse."
~ T.S. Eliot 

Never disturb the universe.  That's my advice.  You're not in charge.  Even if you THINK you know, you don't.  So sit down, shut up, and control your ambitions.

But then.... where do you go from there?  After fucking up everything that was once perfect if it weren't for your idiocy, where do you go?  

We aren't privileged to have very many truly influential people in our lives.  Or people you connect with on a level so much deeper than the superficiality of the average relationship you possess.  I was lucky to  have both of those in one individual, and I've ruined it.  Go me.

Life begins where your comfort zone ends.  I tried it, without even thinking of the ramifications.  I fucked it up.  Now I'm in the "life" part, I guess.  

I am an idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment