So I currently have the longest lasting shin splints I've ever experienced, and it's really making me very stressed out. My race is in 4 days, and if this pain does not at least decrease a bit, I'll be done... NOT COOL! So I was talking with a teacher who's class I am EAing in at placement, and she told me about "rehab tape" (you wrap it around your legs [or whatever you're rehabbing... people use it for all sorts of injries [she was in a car accident and used it for various injuries pertaining to that] and apparently you feel nothing...sweeeeet!). So my one and only goal between now and, like, tomorrow, IS TO FIND REHAB TAPE! Apparently it works wonders (and several youtube videos affirm the claim), and I have not just trained for 3 MONTHS, INJURY-FREE, to get shin splints 1 WEEK before my race! Seriously shins... don't mess with me!
************************************************************************************
I am obsessed with several songs at the moment:
1.) Sanvean - Sarah Brightman = here is an insturmental version of the piece: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vb5SoEqxKU&feature=related . She opened November's concert with this.... it's SO beautiful. If you can listen to it as loud as you can, DO IT! it's so powerful and moving. There is a version with vocals, and even though Sarah is the ultimate voice to me, I like the naked, unvocaled version a bit more. So enjoy this... loudly :)
2.) Orinoco Flow - Various Artists = the composing artist to this song is Enya, and her version is good. But I recently downloaded a version by a choir named "Libra", and I like it more ("more" = listening to it on repeat allllllllllll the way to placement, and then alllllllllll they way home again)
3.) Feeling Good - Muse = because despite the shins, I totally am. And Muse rocks this typically swinging tune. And I love Matthew Bellamy.
4.) Her Morning Elegance - Oren Lavie = yeah, it has a sweet video attached to it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_HXUhShhmY&feature=channel_page).
************************************************************************************
"Don't be reckless with other people's hearts; don't put up with people who are reckless with yours....."
This is my new philosophy.
(And he's a jerk)
On that note.....
************************************************************************************
......
One of my teachers at placement told me today his friend is "smitten" for me...
(Ohhhh,thisisawkward!)
Teacher and his friend (from England..... and who doesn't love an accent?) were at the Bulldogs game last night, saw me bartending, and Mr. England now loves me. He was supposed to send in some delicious UK food for Teacher to bring in for me (oooooohhhhh deaarrrrr), but Teacher forgot (which I'm happy about, because what if there were English drugs in there, and then I'd be knocked unconscious, put on a plane, wake up in England, and live under grey skies forever). It's flattering, no doubt about it. And it came at the perfect moment (see above philosophy for hint), but, unless your name is William and you live in a castle.... do I need to finish? Plus, Mr. England is in his 40's-ish. M'sorry Sur......
************************************************************************************
And finally.....
Krystal told me about a super cool race in the summer called "A Midsummer's Night Race". You get to dress up like a fairy and run the race... at night in the dark. HOW COOL IS THAT?! Since I'm pretty set on running this race, only thing is it's a summer race, and summer running and I tend to not get along all that great (I quickly over-heat and become intolerant of most everything.... and it's not pleasant). I'm willing to try it for the sake of fairy costume'age though!
No comments:
Post a Comment