Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Zachary Maida ~ December 12, 1993 - August 23, 2009



CRESMOUNT FENNELL
MAIDA, Zachary David
August 23, 2009


MAIDA, Zachary David Suddenly and unexpectedly, at McMaster University Medical Centre on Sunday, August 23, 2009, in his 16th year, embraced in the Arms of Jesus. Treasured sweetheart to his parents Lorraine and Dave Maida. Best friend of sister Rosanne. Nurtured and loved by Don and Pauline Farraway. Forever cherished by Nonno and Nonna Frank and Antoinetta Maida and grandparents Frances and Andy DeVrye (of Simcoe). Touched the lives of aunts, uncles, cousins and many friends. Zachary was the most dedicated member of Barney's Fan Club. Forgotten are his physical struggles and challenges, always remembered will be his joy for life. Friends may call at the CRESMOUNT FUNERAL HOME, 322 Fennell Avenue East on Wednesday from 6-8 p.m. Funeral Service from West Highland Baptist Church, 1605 Garth Street on Thursday at 1 p.m. Interment Mount Hamilton Cemetery. Memorial donations may be made to Autism Society of Ontario, Hamilton Branch or Make a Wish Foundation of Toronto.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zach was my first ever camper with YMCA Helping Hands. I loved him very much.
He taught me so much that I can now never repay.

Zach was the BEST jumper! (I learned this evening that he actually received an award for this amazing talent <3 ). He could impersonate Barney to an uncanny degree, and recite any episode on demand (in particular, we recited bits and pieces of "Barney's Birthday" repeatedly during our week at Chippewa last year. He was both my first and last camper of summer 2008). He loved The Count from Sesame Street, as well as The Muppets (Muppets Treasure Island, as I learned earlier this summer). Recently, he got into Who Wants to be a Millionaire, and saying "you loose, owwwww".

Zachary was a handsome young man with so much to offer his world. The line to pay respects tonight was not so surprisingly extremely lengthy.

The world is at quite a loss with the passing of Zachary Maida.

Rest in Peace Zach.

1 comment:

  1. We are so lucky to have met and worked with Zachary. He was so special and I'm sure we'll never forget him. He'll remain in my heart and give me a reason to continue doing what I'm doing.
    Rest in Peace Zach <3

    ReplyDelete