Wednesday, September 14, 2011

If I Were in Charge of Mathematics - A Poem

IF I WERE IN CHARGE OF MATHEMATICS!

By: Christine Pastrak

If I were in charge of mathematics

I’d cancel converting Celsius to Fahrenheit,

Metric to Imperial,

And also kilometers to miles.

(This is Canada)

If I were in charge of mathematics

There’d be more pi

And sin’s

And also signs about pie.

(Everyone needs a study snack)

If I were in charge of mathematics,

You wouldn’t have milli

You wouldn’t have micro

You wouldn’t have nano

Or pico

You wouldn’t even have macro.

(What’s wrong with large, medium, and small?)

If I were in charge of mathematics

Fractions would be a vegetable,

All numbers would be letters,

And a person who sometimes forgot to carry over

And looked a little bit like Grover

Would still be allowed to be in charge of mathematics!

No comments:

Post a Comment